Red may be the color most closely associated with Spain, but it’s not the only color you’ll see on the streets and in the villages of this beautiful country.
From tiles to flowers, cathedrals to produce markets, Spain is full of vivid colors that will transport you to a rich culture centered on food, wine, and sensational festivals. Here’s a glimpse of the brilliant colors you can expect should you visit Spain!
1. The Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, Spain
2. Street festival in Ronda, Spain
3. Stained glass at La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, Spain
4. Júzcar, aka “Smurftown,” Spain
5. The Concurs de Castells de Tarragona competition in Tarragona, Spain
6. Belmond La Residencia in Deià, Spain
7. Street art in the Gràcia neighborhood of Barcelona, Spain
8. Colorful row houses in Villajoyosa, Spain
9. Tiled bench in the Gaudi-designed Park Güell in Barcelona, Spain
10. Fresh produce at the Mercado de San Miguel in Madrid, Spain
11. Stained glass at the Basílica de Santa Maria del Pi in Barcelona, Spain
12. Hotel San Gill in Seville, Spain
13. Gaudi-designed Casa Batlló in Barcelona, Spain
14. Colorful gardens competing in the Cordoba Patio Festival in Cordoba, Spain
15. Streets decorated for Festa Major de Gràcia in Gràcia, Barcelona, Spain
Need more reasons to visit Spain this summer? Check out the full list of beautiful vivid colors across Spain here, and don’t forget to share your own photos of colorful Spain on Trover!