Beer is recognized as one of the world’s oldest beverages. Starting with the cultivation of cereals, breweries and beer have been part of the world’s cultures and social gatherings for thousands of years. In fact, rules for brewing beer are part of the 2000 year old Babylonian Code of Hammurabi: one of the oldest written set of laws ever discovered. Today, the world’s oldest operating brewery is the Weihenstephan Abbey in Bavaria, run by Benedictine monks since 720.
To celebrate this important part of the human experience, we at Trover have selected a few choice spots in the United States for you to celebrate. Each brewery has a unique approach that highlights the rich cultural heritage and delicious tastes of craft beer. Take a look at the below brewpubs that are located from Tampa to Tempe. Bottoms up!
1. Goose Island, Chicago, IL
Photo by Barney Harford.
2. Foothills Brewpub, Winston-Salem, NC
Photo by Nikki Benson.
3. Cigar City Brewing, Tampa, FL
Photo by Mags Onthemove.
4. Five Seasons Brewing Brewing Company, Atlanta, GA
Photo by Robert Locke.
5. Great Lakes Brewing Company, Cleveland, OH
Photo by Jessica Michael.
6. Founders Brewing Company, Grand Rapids, MI
Photo by A Traveling Foodie.
7. Freetail Brewing Company, San Antonio, TX
Photo by Hannah Flicker.
8. Four Peaks Brewing Company, Tempe, AZ
Photo by Mark Briggs.
9. Square One Brewery and Distillery, St. Louis, MO
Photo by Nils Gransberg.