With over 10,000 species around the globe, birds come in almost every size, shape, speed and color imaginable— from ostriches nearly 9 feet tall to hummingbirds just 2 inches long. Given the diversity of bird species, it’s no surprise that avid travelers discover the beautiful variety of feathered creatures wherever they go.
To celebrate the number of amazing bird discoveries on Trover, we’ve collected 14 favorite shots of our flying (and flightless) friends.
1. A black swan in the Zoo Basel, Switzerland
2. A peacock in Jurong Bird Park, Singapore
3. A snowy owl on Northerly Island, Chicago, Illinois
4. Macaws at the World of Birds Wildlife Sanctuary, Cape Town, South Africa
5. Gentoo penguins on Culverville Island, Antarctica
6. A barn owl in Dunwich, England
7. Flamingos at Port Lympne Reserve in Lympne, England
8. Hummingbirds in San Gerardo de Dota, Costa Rica
9. A bald eagle in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
10. A Lanner Falcon in Woodstock, Vermont
11. A White-faced Ibis in the IRWD San Joaquin Marsh & Wildlife Sanctuary in Irvine, California
12. A northern parula warbler in The Magic Hedge in Chicago, Illinois
13. An emu at the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans, Louisiana
14. Puffins on Staffa, Argyll and Bute, Scotland
To see even more fantastic fowls and where to find them, check out Trover’s lists of Cute Creatures, World’s Cutest Creatures, and Adventures in the Amazon. Discover the Best of Everywhere, and share your travels with us on Desktop, iOS, or Android!