Wherever they carve a path, rivers are integral to the ecosystem, provide sources of freshwater, and have been crucial for transportation throughout history. They’re also a great reminder to just go with the flow! Whether you’re looking for white-water rafting or a lazy afternoon cruise, rivers are always a fun place to spend some time. Soak up the natural beauty and wonder of famous waterways of the world with our current picks for 9 gorgeous rivers.
1. Blanco River in Hualaihué, Chile
2. Nile River in Ezbet Toukh, Egypt
3. Verdon River in Aiguines, France
4. Fjaðrá River in Fjaðrárgljúfur Iceland
5. Caño Cristales in La Macarena, Colombia
6. Yangtze River in Hubei, China
7. Balbina River in Brazil
8. Colorado River in Fremont County, Colorado
9. Thames River in London, England
We’re always looking for more discoveries, so hop in the Trove and add yours today! If you like these photos, check out our list of exquisite waterfalls – you won’t be disappointed!