If you’re a dog person, a cat person, or more of a crocodile person, there’s no denying our fascination with beautiful (and occasionally hair-raising) species scattered around our planet. Whether you’re embarking on a safari adventure or happen upon something crawling in your hotel bathroom, part of the fun of traveling lies in the animals you see along the way.
Celebrate the diverse critters around the world with 14 of our favorite wildlife finds. Beware: with a few of these creatures, this may be as close to them as you’d like to get.
2. Gorillas in Ruhija Gorilla Trekking Camp in Rubanda, Uganda
3. Sea Turtles in Norman Reef in Smithfield, Australia
4. Kangaroos in Mckinlay Shire Council in Julia Creek, Australia
5. Monarch migration in San Luis Obispo, California
6. Alligators in Everglades National Park, Florida
7. Leopards in Yala National Park Information Centre, Sri Lanka
8. Great White Sharks in Van Dyks Bay, South Africa
9. Lemurs in Nahampoana Reserve in Toliara, Madagascar
10. Short Eared Owls in Cossington Meadows in Sileby, England
11. Elephants in Elephant Nature Park in Chiang Mai, Thailand
12. Seals in the Gulf Islands in British Columbia, Canada
13. Grizzly Bears in Anan Creek Wildlife Viewing Site in Alaska
14. Red Eye Tree Frogs in Granada, Nicaragua
For all of the animal lovers, especially those with a sense of adventure, you can find even more brilliant wildlife moments on Trover. Discover the Best of Everywhere, and share your own discoveries with us on desktop, iOS, or Android today!