Chicago is a destination with fascinating history, diverse culture, a vibrant food scene, and world-renowned architecture. With a plethora of things to do and see in the Windy City, a visit to Chicago makes for a great weekend getaway or week-long vacation. Here are our ten essential experiences for your next trip to Chicago:
1. Take an early morning stroll through Millennium Park to have the Cloud Gate a.k.a “The Bean” all to yourself.
2. Feed your creativity at the Art Institute of Chicago, known as one of the best museums in the country.
3. Wander around the Navy Pier and enjoy the fun attractions on a sunny day.
4. Eat tasty Chicago-style deep-dish pizza at the famous Giordano’s pizzeria.
5. Soak up incredible city views from the 360 Chicago Observation Deck on the 94th floor of the John Hancock Building.
6. Savor a gourmet cup of coffee at Intelligentsia Coffee.
7. Catch a show (or at least see the sign!) at the iconic Chicago Theater.
8. Escape the city at the Garfield Park Conservatory to see “landscape art under glass.”
9. Admire the majestic Chicago skyline from the Adler Planetarium.
10. Face your fear of heights from the Skydeck Chicago‘s glass box attraction. Enjoy the 50-mile view across four states.
Have any Windy City finds to add to the list? Share your experiences with the Trover community!